Volty Switch Keychain Multimeter - Leatherman Compatible
Volty Switch: a keychain multimeter. It is modeled after Leatherman's bit inserts. Put one on your keychain or click it into your Leatherman for instant readings.
We are now shipping the updated version that is also compatible with the new Leatherman Arc.
- DC Volts Meter up to 30V
- AC Volts Meter up to 24V
- A Car / Motorcycle / Marine Mechanic's Dream EDC.
- Continuity Tester
- EMF Detector (Non Contact / Spark Plug Pulse)
- Hard gold surface finish.
- Electronics encapsulated in epoxy.
- Onboard Rechargeable Battery
- Auto switching between modes: AC/DC/TEMP/CONTINUITY/EMF
- Protection Sheath
Low Voltage DC Tester (1V - 30VDC):
Above: In this example, the metal key and metal key ring complete the ground part of the circuit to the base of Volty.
Continuity: Test fuses, cables, HVAC ignitors and more:
Identify Switch Terminals:
Volty Switch stores nicely in most leatherman multi tool bit holders:
Volty protection sheath with grippy end included:
"EMF/Sparky" detects most unshielded energized cables (At your own risk, wear proper safety gear!):
- Detect if a spark plug wire is firing.
- Detect 50/60hz and other high intensity EMFs.
- Paranormal Research Applications ;)
- Never rely on Sparky EMF to provide accurate or repeatable readings.
Coil on Spark Plug Firing:
NCV: Unshielded Extension Cord (Experimental):
Quickly identify blown 12V system fuses with "body mode":
Above: Use the tip of Volty Switch to touch ground and your other finger to touch a low voltage potential to illuminate RED (18V DC Max)
Low Voltage AC Tester (5-24VAC):
Above: in this example a screwdriver with an insulated handle and conductive shaft along with alligator clip test lead, completes one leg of the circuit to the transformer. Wear protective gear while testing any device that shares a grid connection!
Volty switch's battery automatically recharges itself any time you test a battery above 3V:
Above: A 9V Battery is charging Volty Switch's onboard battery. 2 Hours = 100% top off. Make sure to turn the switch to the off position when charging is finished.
Rechargeable Onboard Battery:
- 100% DOD Tolerant (Depth of Discharge).
- To keep your onboard battery in good condition, please charge it at least once per year.
- The switch on the back physically disconnects the battery to prevent self discharge.
- Volty should be powered off and stored properly after taking readings to extend the working life of the onboard battery.
- Recharge the battery by turning the switch on and connecting any 3-18V DC source and wait 2 hours before disconnecting.
HVAC temperatures in both C and F:
- Stores and displays the highest or lowest temperature reading since boot.
- Temperature Reading Range: 0F - 140F (-18C - 60C)
- Can be calibrated in 1 degree increments but don’t expect perfect readings across the entire testing range.
We are shipping volty with an "untrimmed" shank. We made volty slightly larger than it needs to be due to manufacturing tolerances in printed circuit boards. You will need to trim one of the 4 edges of volty's shank with a file or knife edge to get a proper fit that "clicks" into a leatherman bit holder. So far we have confirmed compatibility with the following models:
- Leatherman Arc
- Leatherman Wave
- Leatherman Signal
- Leatherman Charge
- Leatherman Skeletool (Won't articulate, but still good for testing larger batteries).
- Leatherman Surge
Volty should fit pretty much any leatherman with a bit holder, some slight trimming may be required.